There are a few easy ways to get rid of those pesky creases and make your shoes look good as new.
- One way to get rid of creases in your basketball shoes is to stuff them with newspapers. This will help stretch out the material and get rid of any wrinkles. Just be sure to remove the newspapers before you wear them, or you’ll end up with crumpled paper stuck to your shoes!
- Another way to banish creases is to iron them out. Just put your shoes on a low heat setting and run the iron over them for a few minutes.
How To Remove Basketball Shoe Creases With Heat?
When you first get a new pair of basketball shoes, you want to make sure that you keep them in pristine condition. Removing any creases that may have formed during shipping or storage is part of keeping them looking new. You can remove these creases with heat, using either a hair dryer or an iron.
Use An Iron:
An iron can be a helpful tool for getting rid of creases in your basketball shoes.
- First, make sure that your iron is set to a low heat setting.
- Next, place a towel over the shoe and then press the iron down onto the towel. Hold it there for 10-15 seconds before moving to another spot.
- Repeat this process until you’ve gone over the entire shoe.
- Finally, let the shoes cool completely before wearing them again.
Steam Your Shoes:
- Wet your shoes with warm water and put them on your feet.
- Walk around for a few minutes to allow the water to penetrate the fabric and loosen the dirt.
- Remove your shoes and stuff them with wadded-up newspapers.
- Place your shoes on a wire rack over a boiling pot of water and cover the pot with a lid. The steam will help remove any remaining creases in the fabric.
- Let your shoes dry completely before wearing them again.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get rid of creases in your basketball shoes, try blow-drying them. All you need is a hair dryer and a few minutes of your time.
- To start, set your hair dryer to the lowest heat setting and hold it about six inches away from the shoe.
- Slowly move the dryer back and forth across the shoe’s surface until the creases disappear.
- Once the creases are gone, turn off the hair dryer and let your shoes cool completely before wearing them.
- You may need to repeat this process a few times to get rid of all the creases, but it’s a much faster and easier method than other methods like ironing or steaming.
How To Remove Basketball Shoe Creases Without Heat?
Here are some tips on how to remove creases from your basketball shoes without using heat.
- To condition your shoes, start by wiping them down with a damp cloth.
- Then, apply a small amount of shoe cream or polish to a clean cloth and rub it into the leather. Be sure to work it in well, especially around the creases.
- Once you’re done, buff the shoes with a soft cloth until they shine.
Invest In Shoe Trees:
If you already have a pair of shoes that are starting to develop creases, you can try using a shoe tree to help remove them. Put the shoe tree in the shoe and let it sit overnight. In the morning, the creases should be significantly reduced.
How Do I Keep My Basketball Shoes From Creasing?
Here are a few tips to help keep your basketball shoes from creasing:
- Store them in their original box – this will help protect the shoes and prevent them from being squished.
- Fill the toe box with tissue paper – this will help maintain the shape of the shoes and prevent creases.
- Rotate your shoes – alternate between wearing different pairs of shoes to give each pair time to rest and recover from wear and tear.
In conclusion, to get creases out of basketball shoes, put them in the freezer overnight, stuff them with paper towels, and then heat them up with a hair dryer. This will help to break down the fibers in the shoes and allow you to reshape them.
Clyde Jackson III is a basketball coach and the founder of GCBC Basketball, a basketball-related learning and informational website that focuses on helping young players develop their skills on and off the court. With over 15 years of coaching experience, Clyde has worked with players of all ages and skill levels, from beginners to professionals.