Basketball is one of the most loveable sports in the world. It is usually played indoors on a basketball court where players from each side score points by throwing a ball through the hoop.
A basketball hoop is a ring usually made up of metal supporting a net. It is elevated 10-feet above the ground and attached to a backboard. In the past, peach baskets were used, but later they were replaced by metal hoops with nets and backboards.
Drawing a basketball hoop is not a difficult task. You only need to know how to draw the basic shapes and must be good at drawing.
By following this step-by-step guide, the entire process of drawing a basketball hoop will become a lot easier for you.
Things Needed to Draw a Basketball Hoop
You will need the following things to draw a basketball hoop:
- Drawing board
- Drawing paper
- Markers or crayons (depends on your choice)
Step by Step Guide to Draw a Basketball Hoop
Follow these easy steps to draw a basketball hoop with a backboard.
- As basketball hoops are attached to the backboards, it is ideal to draw a backboard first. In NBA and international basketball games, backboards are rectangular in shape. Therefore, we are also going to make a rectangular-shaped backboard.
Take a ruler and draw a rectangular shape. This will be the outline of the backboard. The size of the rectangle depends on the size of paper you are using.
- Next, draw one or two rectangles inside the outline of the backboard to add details.
- Draw a small square in the middle of the backboard at the bottom to add further details to the backboard. Make sure there are no overlapping lines.
- After drawing a backboard, it’s time to draw the rim of the basketball hoop. First, draw a flattened oval and then draw another oval inside the first oval. This all should be done at the bottom of the square you made on the backboard.
- After the rim, draw an outline of the net. Start from one side of the rim and draw a downward curved line. Same, on the other side of the hoop, draw another downward curved line. Make sure the net is wide from the top and narrow at the bottom.
- We all know that nets have crisscross patterns, so we need to draw that pattern to make a complete basketball net.
Start by making V-shaped lines right beneath the hoop. After completing the first line, proceed to the second and so on. Create the entire net by following the same pattern.
- To color the picture, use markers or crayons. Try to use bright colors in your drawing.
Congratulations! Your basketball hoop drawing is now complete. If you got an assignment to draw a basketball hoop, you can submit it to your class teacher or share it with others on different social media platforms.