When you first get a new pair of basketball shoes, you might be excited to try them out on the court. But before you do, you’ll need to break them in first. Here’s how:
- Start by wearing them around the house for a few hours at a time. This will help soften up the material and make them more comfortable.
- Once they’re broken in a bit, start wearing them during your warm-ups and practice drills. This will help get them molded to your feet and reduce the risk of blisters.
- When you’re finally ready to take them into a game, start by playing limited minutes. Gradually increase your playing time as they continue to break in.
Following these steps will ensure that your new basketball shoes are comfortable and ready for game action!
Why Do You Need To Break In New Basketball Shoes?
When you first get a new pair of shoes, they may feel great. They may be the perfect size and color, and they may have all the right features. But after a few hours or days of wearing them, they might start to feel a little bit tight. The material might start to rub against your skin in places it’s not supposed to. And that’s because your shoes need to be broken in.
Breaking in into new shoes is important for several reasons.
- It helps the shoes mold to your feet. As you wear them and walk around in them, the material will start to give and stretch ever so slightly.
- This will help create a custom fit for your feet, which is important for both comfort and performance.
How Long Does Breaking In A New Pair Of Basketball Shoes Take?
The process generally takes a few days. The break-in period might be shorter or longer depending on the player’s foot size and shape, how often they wear them, and what type of surface they play on.
- When first trying out a new pair of basketball shoes, it is important to wear them for short periods so that your feet can get used to them.
- It is also important to gradually increase the time you spend wearing them daily. Doing this can help avoid blisters and other issues that can come from suddenly wearing shoes for long periods.
- Once you have been wearing the shoes for a few days, you should start to notice that they feel more comfortable.
Is It Possible To Break In Basketball Shoes In One Day?
It is possible to break in new basketball shoes in one day. Here are a few tips to help make the process easier:
- Wear them around the house for an hour or two before hitting the court. This will help mold them to your feet and loosen up any stiff areas.
- Play a pick-up game or two with friends. Not only will this give you a chance to try out your new shoes, but it will also help speed up the breaking-in process.
- Focus on shooting and dribbling drills during practice. These activities put less stress on your feet and ankles, which will help reduce discomfort as you break in your shoes.
- Take breaks often and alternate between different pairs of shoes if possible.
Do NBA Players Break In Their Shoes?
Yes, NBA players break in their shoes. They have their own methods. Some players will wear them for a few minutes before each game to get used to the feel, and some players will just play in them until they’re broken in.
In conclusion, breaking in new basketball shoes does not have to be a difficult process. By following the above steps, you can ensure that your shoes will be comfortable in no time.
Clyde Jackson III is a basketball coach and the founder of GCBC Basketball, a basketball-related learning and informational website that focuses on helping young players develop their skills on and off the court. With over 15 years of coaching experience, Clyde has worked with players of all ages and skill levels, from beginners to professionals.