The outsole is the part of the shoe that hits the ground the most, so it’s not surprising that it can develop holes and other signs of wear over time.
Fortunately, there are a few easy ways to fix holes in the outsole of your basketball shoes. One popular method is using clear nail polish or super glue to fill the hole. You can also use duct tape or electrical tape to patch up larger holes.
If your shoes are starting to show serious wear and tear, you may want to invest in a new pair. But if you’re on a budget or you just want to extend the life of your current shoes, these simple fixes will do the trick.
Methods To Fix The Hole In The Outsole Of Basketball Shoes:
There are a few different ways to fix holes in the outsole of your basketball shoes.
Use Super Glue:
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- First, clean the area around the hole with a cloth or cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol. This will help the glue adhere better.
- Next, apply a generous amount of super glue to the hole.
- Wait a few minutes for the glue to dry, then apply another layer for good measure.
- Once the glue is completely dry, your shoes should be as good as new!
Use Duct Tape:
You can use duct tape to fix it.
- Clean the area around the hole with a cloth. This will help the duct tape adhere better.
- Then, cut a piece of duct tape that is slightly larger than the hole.
- Place the duct tape over the hole and press down firmly.
You can also use duct tape to prevent holes from forming in the first place. If you see a spot on the outsole that is starting to wear thin, put a piece of duct tape over it. This will create a barrier between the ground and your shoe and extend the life of your outsole.
Start by threading a needle with a strong thread. You want to use a heavy-duty thread because it will need to hold up against wear and tear. Start stitching at one end of the hole and work your way around, making sure to go over each seam multiple times.
How To Resole Basketball Shoes?
- The first step is to remove the old sole from the shoe. This can be done with a razor blade or a sharp knife. Be sure to take your time and be careful not to damage the shoe itself.
- Once the old sole is removed, clean off any residue and ensure the shoe’s surface is smooth.
- Now you’re ready to attach the new sole. You can use a few different methods, but one of the most popular is “cold gluing.” This simply involves applying glue to the shoe and the new sole, then pressing them together until they’re dry.
Although there are several ways to repair the holes in the outsole of their basketball shoes, the most effective way is simply to replace the outsole. This may seem daunting, but it is relatively simple and only requires a few supplies. With a new outsole, your basketball shoes will be as good as new and will provide you with the traction and protection you need when playing on the court.