Basketball is a demanding sport that requires quick movements and lots of jumping. This means that having the right shoes is essential. Even the best shoes will not provide the support and traction needed if they are not tied correctly. There are a variety of ways to tie your shoes.
How To Tie Basketball Shoes?
Whether a beginner or a seasoned player, it’s important to know how to tie your basketball shoes properly. Doing so will not only help keep them secure during play but will also help prevent any potential injuries.
Before you tie your basketball shoes, you should consider a few things.
- How many minutes do you want to play?
- Do you have any medical conditions that could affect your playing time?
- What type of shoes do you need?
- Do you need a high-top or low-top shoe?
- Do you need a wide or narrow shoe?
Once you have considered all these factors, you can tie your basketball shoes and hit the court.
Different Methods To Tie Your Basketball Shoes
You can use a few different methods to tie your basketball shoes. The most common way is to connect the laces in a double knot. This will keep your shoes secure and prevent the laces from undoing during play.
Wide Feet Method
If you have wide feet, you’ll need to take a few extra steps to ensure your shoes are tied securely. Here’s how to do it.
- Start by threading the laces through the eyelets from the inside out. This will give you more control over the laces and help prevent them from undoing.
- Next, take the laces and loop around the shoe’s outside. Cross the laces in the middle and tuck them under the loop you just made. Pull tight and repeat on the other side.
- Finally, double-knot the laces in the middle for extra security. And that’s it!
The Ultra-Lock Method
This method will keep your shoe snug and secure all game long, ensuring you can make all the jumps and cuts you need to without worrying about your shoes coming undone.
- To start, thread the lace through the eyelet on one side of the shoe, then do a basic knot.
- From there, take the lace and thread it underneath the other lace, then pull it up and over towards the eyelet on the opposite side. Repeat this step until you reach the top of the shoe.
- Finally, do a second knot at the top of the shoe to secure everything. This method may take a little longer to do than simply tying a regular knot, but it’s worth it for peace of mind during those crucial moments on the court.
Straight Bar Lacing
To do the straight bar lacing., start by threading one lace through the eyelets on one side of the shoe from the bottom up. Then, do the same with the other lace on the other side of the shoe. Once both laces are threaded through the eyelets, tie a basic knot at the top of each lace.
This technique involves crisscrossing the laces over one another in a ladder-like pattern.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by threading the lace through the eyelets on one side of the shoe.
- Then, take the lace and thread it under the lace already going through the eyelet.
- Pull the lace tight and repeat this step until you reach the top of the shoe.
- Once you reach the top, make a standard crisscross pattern to secure the laces.
- This method is simple and quick and gives you a good tight fit.
One-Handed Lacing Style
To do the one-handed lacing style, start by threading the lace through the bottom hole on one side of the shoe. Then, take the lace and put it over the tongue of the shoe. Next, thread the lace through the next hole on that same side of the shoe. Continue this pattern until you reach the top of the shoe.
Once you reach the top, make sure to leave enough slack in the laces so that you can easily tie a knot. You don’t want to make them too tight, or they will be uncomfortable to wear.
You can use a few different methods to tie your Basketball shoes. The most common method is the loop method, which involves making a loop with the laces and then pulling them through. You can also use the crisscross method, which consists in crisscrossing the laces over each other and then tying them in a knot.